Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Clementines, Birds and Vintage Pugs

It's been raining in Portland for the last two weeks straight. And when it's raining, I like to do indoor things. So the other day, I headed over to NE Fremont Street to a lovely little store called Found on Fremont. Walking to the store, I passed these flowers. So pretty, but what are they? Poppies or anemonies?



I love their store sign.



The store sells a lot of cute vintage things: art, suitcases, jewelry, clothing, furniture, knick knacks...



I fell in love with a pretty painting of clementines



as well as a small painting of birds, and hung them on my wall at home. The lilac painting came from Found earlier this year. All of the art cost between 5 and 15 dollars!



This is an oil painting I did about 7 years ago. It hangs next to the lilac and birdies.



Also from Found, this old postcard of wild strawberries from Switzerland



and, I could hardly believe my luck, vintage pug cards! I love the valentine pug.



Last but not least, this old print of Painted Buntings, which I'm going to frame.



Keeping with my bird theme of the day, for wine and cheese hour, I opened this lovely bottle of Marziano Abbona wine. The birdie (a finch? a finch painted with artistic license?) is precious. And the wine was spectacular. Very fitting for a cold, drizzly evening.