Monday, May 31, 2010

From The Kitchen: Baked Virginia Ham and Banana Cream Pie

A trip to the grocery store yielded ingredients for dinner as well as some pretty posies for Pug.



I made a simple salad.



And simple potatoes.



And the Barefoot Contessa's Virginia Baked Ham. I love this recipe. It's simple and delicious. The recipe is for a 14-16 pound ham, but if you're only feeding two people, as I was, you can buy a much smaller ham and make a much smaller portion of the glaze. Ta-da!



Dessert was a banana cream pie. I've made these from scratch before, but I decided to save some time by using a pre-made crust and Dr. Oetker's banana pudding mix.



Pug helped to ensure the pudding was up to standards.



Can't have pie without milk!



The finished pie.



A piece of pie is a nice way to end the day.



Pug likes to help in the kitchen. He licked the plates clean.