Sunday, May 2, 2010

California Part III: Spring Flowers

Here is a sampling of some of the lovely flowers I saw in California:



Rhododendrons in my mom's yard.









The gardens at Allied Arts. I love strolling around and looking at all the plants and flowers, and the artists' studios.



String of Pearls.



Wisteria.



Brass Band Roses.



Lovely little shop in Potrero Hill, Bell and Trunk. They sell flowers, notecards, handknit and handfelted goods.



After spending so much time around the lovely California plants, I bought some flowers when I got home. I love having flowers in the house, and it's the simplest way to brighten up a room. I'm very fond of ranunculuses, so this pretty little bunch came home with me from the grocery store. Pug loves flowers too, and he was happy to pose with the bouquet.*

*At least one member of the ranunculus family, Buttercup, is poisonous to dogs. Fortunately, Pug does not try to eat flowers. He wants real food! If you have pugs, or any animals, you can always check for a list of toxic plants like the one at the ASPCA.