Monday, June 28, 2010

A Quilt Fit For A Pug

Even though I've only made napkins and a pillow case so far, I decided to try my hand at a quilt. A small quilt, that is, one the perfect size for a certain somebody... I got a charm pack of Mary Engelbreit fabric and decided on this pattern for my quilt:



Then I stitched the rows together.



Next I made my quilt sandwich: I used pure cotton for the batting, and a different Mary Engelbreit print for the back.



Here's the quilt on my nifty new Ikea craft table (it's from the Vika line).



I made the binding and sewed it onto the quilt. I attempted to miter the corners, which more or less worked.



And technically, I didn't quilt my quilt (this was an experiment that I put together using various books: Whip Up Mini Quilts by Kathreen Ricketson and The Sewing Bible by Ruth Singer), rather I tied my quilt using embroidery thread. I did this last part while enjoying the sunshine outside.



Pug helped himself to the water in my glass.



This is what the back of the quilt looks like:



And here is the finished quilt, modeled by Pug!



I have plans to make more pug quilts. Hopefully this is the first of many!