Monday, June 14, 2010

New York Part II: Stone Barns and Coffee Labs

Two things I greatly miss about Tarrytown: Stone Barns at Rockefeller State Park, and Coffee Labs. It was lovely to visit them again.



Things are the same at Rockefeller. The berries are growing



and the Pocantico River's flowing.



The greenhouses at Stone Barns are full of lettuces and veggies.



I walked past the Dooryard Garden and all the lovely flowers



including these very pretty roses.



I got lost walking on the trails in the rain, but eventually figured out where I was



and in the meantime found some other pretty plants, including a wild lily.



It was good to go back to Coffee Labs. I'm not a coffee drinker, and I'm not a huge fan of their chais, but I love it there anyway.



I especially love their signs.



I didn't see any pugs on the trip, but I saw this picture of a pug on an old Coffee Labs poster!