Monday, June 7, 2010

Hello Bernina

Well, I got myself a sewing machine! A Bernina 1006, previously owned but practically new-- it had never been used. It's all metal and steel, and quite difficult to lift.



For my first sewing project at home, I made napkins again. Except this time, single-sided napkins. The fabric is linen and the print shows up well on the underside.



I love the little sea creatures!



While I was sewing, Pug was snoozing.



He also enjoyed sleeping by the pedal.



Finished product: a set of six adorable fish and crustacean printed napkins.



As a side note, I adore these little finger puppets. They're made in Peru and you can find them on the Fair Trade shop Lucuma Designs.



I bought a cat, a pig, a squirrel and a bird for my friend's 3 year old son. Sadly, no pugs are available-- only a bulldog and a Dalmatian.