Thursday, June 10, 2010

From The Kitchen: Blueberry Cornmeal Pancakes

I love pancakes and waffles. It's nice to have an entire cookbook all about them!



I made this recipe



and used blue cornmeal.



Rather than put granulated sugar in the batter, this recipe calls for 2 Tbsp of maple syrup. Interesting!



Pug tried to be patient while waiting for the pancakes.



Here's one on the griddle (I used my crepe pan). Flip 'um when little bubbles break on the surface.



I kept the finished ones warm in a pie plate while I cooked the rest.



We had sliced strawberries to go with the pancakes.



Pug couldn't help himself when the pancakes hit the table.



He spent all of breakfast half-perched on Husband's lap.



He had good reason to be interested. Those pancakes were pretty good, if I do say so myself!