Friday, June 11, 2010

New York Part I

Last weekend and earlier this week, I went to Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow, NY. I used to live there and missed the pretty parks and my friend "A", so I went back for a little visit!



I went to Rockefeller State Park each day and took long walks on my favorite trails.



It's a beautiful part of the country. Everything smelled like hay and honeysuckle.



The weather ranged from sunny and hot and humid to stormy and rainy.



Husband and I used to be able to walk to the Tarrytown Music Hall from our house (and before the house, our apartment). We saw some wonderful shows here such as Madeleine Peyroux, Rhett Miller, Neko Case, The Wailin Jennys, Ralph Stanely and the Clinch Mountain Boys, and many others. I miss you, Music Hall!



I had to visit Mint again, a wonderful gourmet food and cheese shop!



We picked up some cheeses for dinner, including a honey goat cheese, as well as some baklava and a baguette.



How cute are these milk chocolate clogs?



For wine and cheese hour (aka dinner), we had my most favorite white wine of all, Box O' Birds. Hard to find, but you can order it from a wine store in Scarsdale.



I can make a dinner of cheese and bread any night.



I went to Chiboust in Tarrytown for dessert.



I ordered the passion fruit chiboust, and it was heavenly!



I arrived back home last night, and Pug and I were very happy to see each other again.



He looked stunning in the souvenir t-shirt I got him from Bark and Meow!