Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Strawberry Pickin' Season

Last week, I went to Sauvie Island with my friend Jenny to pick strawberries! You can also pick other berries, such as raspberries pictured here:



Strawberry fields are a glorious sight.



So many berries, so little time... I believe I picked this one though.



I didn't realize before how labor-intensive strawberry picking is. My back was starting to hurt, so I called it good at four pints.



Here's a view of the farm and market:



Cute signs.



And even cuter: this Boleslawiec rolling pin my mom gave me for my birthday. It's adorable! And because it's stoneware, it rolls really smoothly.



With all these strawberries, I couldn't not make strawberry shortcake. I used a buttermilk biscuit mix from Bob's Red Mill.



Ta-da! The biscuits are done.



The pièce de résistance:



Pug had some too.