Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fabric Smörgåsbord

Two things I've got a lot of around here: fabric and zucchini.  It's a veritable smorgasbord of cotton and squash.  What to do with them all...








Well, my plans for the fabric involve more quilts!  I've started one quilt at home (mostly using French General's "Rural Jardin"), and I'll be starting another one tomorrow in a quilt class.  I'll post pictures from the quilt class later this week.

For now, here's what I was up to with the Rural Jardin quilt.  It's always so much fun choosing the fabrics and laying them out in different patterns.

This is what I decided on.  Not all the squares fit on the table, but you get the idea.

As for the abundance of zucchini, we have had sauteed zucchini, zucchini fritters (or pancakes), and my favorite, zucchini bread.

Pug is a big fan of zucchini pancakes and bread.  I'm not surprised.  What is surprising is that he likes catnip.

Who knew?