Friday, April 23, 2010

Cirque Du Pug

Cirque du Soleil is in town with their show KOOZÅ. I saw them putting the tents up a few weeks ago, and little did I know that I would be seeing a show... that is, until last night. I had been instructed a while ago to keep the evening free, and so I wrote in my planner *evening plans*, but it was a complete surprise. And I love surprises! Especially when it has to do with Cirque du Soleil. I saw them in Portland years ago, and their LOVE show in Las Vegas. Both were spectacular, and last night's was no exception.



Here are the tents as we made our way in. Unfortunately I couldn't take photos during the show, but let me just say it was amazing, magical, and inspiring. Those are some very talented, bendable, acrobatic folks. It was like watching art come to life.



We came home to our own circus clown: pug. Living with a pug is like living with a clown.



Pug and I like going for walks in the park. It smelled wonderful out, very fresh and mushroomy.



There are many lovely ferns. I'm trying to learn their names. I love the curled fronds on the sword fern.



Going on walks in the park reminds me to enjoy the simple things in life. Nature is free! (um, at least it should be!)



Pug likes to get in touch with his inner wolf.



I like this quote by John Burroughs:
"...to find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter... to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring-- these are some of the rewards of the simple life."