Thursday, October 14, 2010

New Crafts

With my sewing machine in the shop, it's time to turn to other crafts. Stained glass seems interesting. I visited a stained glass store last week (and before that week, I had no idea such a store existed) and with the help of one of my beloved elementary school teachers who works with stained glass, I'm making my first stained glass project (a pear).


I was amazed at the color choices and the way the glass is set up.


Other crafts I want to try: felting and embroidery.  I fell in love with these books by Kata Golda and Alicia Paulson and am eager to try some projects from them!


And last but not least, I'm going to start knitting again! I'm most excited about this because I was knitting for a bit when we lived in New York. I loved it and have no idea why I stopped. I've spent the last couple of days relearning the stitches and getting the hang of it again and hopefully will make something (a hat? scarf?) soon. And Pug's been playing with the yarn...