Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Quilt In Progress

So I've started a new quilt and I'm really excited about it. It's going to be a gift for someone (that is, as long as it turns out okay). It'll be quite a bit bigger than the last one I did, which was pug-sized. Maybe not quite big enough for a bed, but good as a blanket. I'm using "Bar Harbor" from Moda Fabric, as well as red check and blue dot fabric from "Happy Campers" by American Jane. After I sewed my rows together, I pressed the seams open. Last time, I pressed them closed, but I definitely prefer open seams.



I love my new embroidery table that fits onto my Bernina. It gives me a lot more sewing space, and makes working on a quilt so much easier.



The quilt is a bit hodge podge. Some of the rows don't line up perfectly (at all), but I sort of like that. Gives it a real homemade character. I also didn't spend too much time planning out the quilt. I randomly picked out the fabric for the rows, and also randomly sewed them together. So it will be a surprise to see how it ends up looking!



Meanwhile, Pug is having a ball (literally) with his brand new tennis ball/dumbbell toy from Sellwood Dog Supply.