Monday, August 30, 2010

From The Kitchen: Fruit Crostata

It's peach season! Besides eating them plain, peaches are always good in cooked desserts. I made the Barefoot Contessa's summer fruit crostata with peaches, plums and strawberries. (I substituted strawberries for the blueberries.)



Assembling the ingredients:



Here's the sliced fruit with heaps of sugar and orange peel! Yum.



The fruit and crumbly topping barely fit in the pastry, and the whole thing miraculously made it into the oven without falling apart.



The finished crostata: out of the oven and onto the cooling rack. I wish I could include the smell on the blog. Best just to make your own and find out!



In pug news, I thought I'd include a pictures of Pug from nearly a year ago after we got him. He was a tuckered out pug!