Saturday, July 31, 2010

Crêpes and a Pet Friendly Bookstore

Sorry for the lack of blog posts this last week. I was all set to go-- we were recently in California and I have lots of good pictures of Pug-- and then I got food poisoning. Possibly from spinach, but we'll never know... I'm feeling much better now, though still eating bland foods, and nothing anywhere near as good as this wonderful crêpe suzette I had at Douce France in Palo Alto:



I do love crêpes, and it had been a long time since I'd had the lovely, plain suzette with just lemon juice and powdered sugar. Pug was envious.



After our breakfast, we wandered over to Books Inc. and realized, wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles, that they allow pets in their store!



Pug and I were thrilled.



Pug checked out the children's books, travel, and fiction.



He was a big hit with the staff, who are all dog and pug lovers!



Now that we're back home, we're definitely going to have to find a bookstore in Portland that is pet friendly too!