Tuesday, February 5, 2013

On Second Thought

Well, I may not change anything about our nursing and sleeping just yet.  After I started really thinking about making a change, I felt like it was too soon and I didn't want to.  My husband and I have been able to spend more time together thanks to our babysitters, and my back hasn't been hurting.  I'm sleeping on a very soft feather pillow which allows my head to be mostly flat on the bed rather than propped up, but I can fluff up the feathers enough to give my neck some support.

I still plan on asking advice at the next La Leche League meeting I go to.  So far, I've read some good things about Dr. Jay Gordon's approach to gentle night-time weaning.  Maybe sometime in the next few months I may decide to do that.  Or not.  I would rather night wean and continue to co-sleep than stop co-sleeping altogether.  It's just one of my favorite things about having a baby.  She's sleeping beside me now, just wearing a diaper (she got apple juice and zucchini bread all over her outfit at lunch).  She looks so peaceful.